1931 Lagonda 2 Litre Supercharged Low Chassis Tourer
Reg. no. GT 910
Chassis no. OH 9959
Engine no. OHL2 1129
GT 910 is an exceptional and well-known Lagonda, having been in just two long term ownerships since 1953, most recently by the vendor who was a past chairman of the Lagonda Club. The previous owner was the late Phil Ridout, a marque expert and specialist in the 2 Litre Lagonda, and who carried out the car\'s restoration.
The car comes with a comprehensive history file, with handbooks, technical notes, buff logbook and also tax discs and MOT certificates. The GT 910 registration number is that that was originally issued.
GT 910 was built as a blown car from the outset, by the Lagonda factory in 1931, and it carries its original build plate (2B.T2 / OH 9959). Extensively used its present owner, the car has been enhanced and set up for touring, for which it is now admirably suited. The car benefits from a downdraught cylinder head as supplied through Lagonda Club sources, which very effectively complements the supercharger. The 3.58 to one back axle ratio, reportedly to be an M45 unit, has been fitted for long distance motoring, making the car comfortable at motorway speeds and when driven in the company of other cars of twice its capacity.
The replaced components have been retained in case they should be required.
GT 910 has been conscientiously maintained over the decades by its previous two owners, and fitted with high strength conrods by Arrow, shell bearings, and a modern oil filter. The suspension, CWP, brakes, and inlet manifolding were overhauled by David Ayre.
GT 910 has been used for extensive touring, overseas and in this country, as well as for club events in this country, sprints and hillclimbs at venues including Prescott and Colerne, and Gaillon and Etretat in northern France.
Supplied with it are tools, starting handle and weather equipment, plus spare tonneau cover and front cushions.
Extra details and estimates:
£90,000 - 120,000
Add to my lots